Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Hallo there! My Whirlpool four burner gas hob has one large

Customer Question

Hallo there! My Whirlpool four burner gas hob has one large ring for wok/big pans. Its 'clicker' that is connected to the electrical starter, suddenly does not stop clicking. The only way I can stop it is to unplug the elctrical chord. I have cleaned it with a firm paint brush to remove any debris/grease. It seems to be clean. Problem persists. Please help!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

There is a switch on each burner valve, one of them is stuck on. Sometimes they get greased up or stick closed. You would need to get at the switches and remove 1 wire from each switch until it stops clicking and that will be the bad switch that needs to be changed.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I pay Ralmost R400 I need a bit more help than someone telling me that I have to remove switches one at a time and remove wire. Which wire? This is a rediculous scam and theft.