Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

We had a repair guy in to replace our ice maker. When he

Customer Question

We had a repair guy in to replace our ice maker. When he took it out, he found it didn't need replacing, and, that the problem maybe a frozen line in the back. So, he suggested we turn off the frig for 24 hours. We turned it back on, it seems the freezer started working, but, the frig portion doesn't seem to be on, it's not getting cold.
Any suggestions.
Michael and Michele MacKay
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.

Hi, the freezer cools the refrigerator section. The fan inside the refrigerator has failed or it's not plugged in.. If the fan in the freezer is running, the damper inside the refrigerator is not opening up to let air in. I work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. I'm not credited for my answer until you rate my answer positively using the rating system at the top of your screen. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How would I check to see if the fan in the frig is plugged in?

It would be the fan in the freezer section behind the back panel. The repair man may have unplugged it for some reason when he was working inside? You have to take the back panel inside the freezer out to access the evaporator fan motor. I work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. I'm not credited for my answer until you rate my answer positively using the rating system at the top of your screen. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My husband said he never pulled the frig out. There is a bit of cold air coming into the frig though the vents on the side at the back of the ice box and through the side of the frig for the chiller. Is this a sign that the frog is working? Is this there the cold air is supposed to come in from?

The fan is inside the freezer section not on the back of the unit.

You should feel air coming through the vents inside the refrigerator section.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is the vent behind one of the crispers?

No the one towards the top.