Alex Herbert
Alex Herbert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Technician
89986336

I Have a advantium microwave (sca2000bbb 03) that went

Customer Question

I Have a advantium microwave (sca2000bbb 03) that went completely dead. I replaced the thermal fuse and the line fuse. Now the unit appears to be working but the exhaust fan will not turn off. I appears to be in the oven too hot mode.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a significant delay in responses. Please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

That is a control problem have you tried to unplug the unit for 30 seconds and plug it back in? If so there is a problem with the control itself and that would need to be changed.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have turned the power off several times with no positive results. I do not believe you have helped with the problem.
Expert:  Alex Herbert replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is Alex. I will be happy to answer your question. The fan has a thermal cut out that turns the fan ON when the bottom of the microwave cabinet is too hot. So the hood fuse is a normally open thermal fuse. The fuse does not have a reading when it is checked. It will show a reading one it gets hot and closes. If you changed this by mistake thinking it was bad, the fan would run all the time.

Please rate my service by using the star rating system at the top of the page. This is how I am credited for my time. If you have any additional questions about this issue, please don’t hesitate to contact me. Thank you for using JustAnswer.com. Have a great day.