Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Maytag 2000 Series front loading dryer that the

Customer Question

I have a Maytag 2000 Series front loading dryer that the door wont release on. Tried everything in the trouble shooting guide
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

To unlock the door, remove the 3 screws along the bottom of the lower front panel. The panel will then pull straight down and off. Once you remove this panel you can reach up behind the upper front panel and pull down on the small plastic pull tab attached to the bottom of the door lock assembly. This will manually unlock the door so you can open the door. Now if the latch acts up again---replace it.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.