Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

I have a maytag refrig I replaced the main board and am now

Customer Question

I have a maytag refrig I replaced the main board and am now pulling a code PE 000. The compressor is not running either is the comp fan. Could the front board be bad too
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.

Hello, you will need to program the board.

NOTE: The Program Code is located on the Serial Plate on this unit after the word "Code."

1. Press and hold the Door Alarm Keypad .

2. Press and hold Freezer Temperature Down Keypad within 3 seconds .

3. Release the Door Alarm Keypad and wait 3 seconds.

4. The control will display PE to indicate the programming mode.

5. Entry is confirmed by pressing the Freezer Temperature Down Keypad once more.

6. The control will display the current Program CODE. This value should be validated with the Program CODE printed on the unit serial plate. NOTE: If the Program CODE is correct, the Programming Mode is exited by pressing Door Alarm Keypad for 3 seconds.

7. Press the Refrigerator Temperature Up Keypad or Refrigerator Down Keypad to change the digit value with each key press.

8. The decimal point indicates the selected digit. Press the Freezer Temperature Up Keypad to select the next digit.

9. Once the desired Program CODE is entered, press and hold the Freezer Temperature Down Keypad until the Program CODE begins flashing indicating it has been saved. NOTE: If you attempt to enter an invalid Program CODE the control will not save the new code, but will beep. (The unit will NOT run with a Program CODE of 0000).

Once the Program CODE has been saved the Programming Mode is exited by pressing any key. If the new code is incorrect this process should be repeated. The Programming mode can be exited at any time by pressing Door Alarm key for 3 seconds or will exit if unattended for four minutes. I work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. I'm not credited for my answer until you rate my answer positively using the rating system at the top of your screen. Thank you