AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  worked on appliances for around 10 years
76126576

Have a combo washer/dryer modelGTUP270EM3WW. THE WASH

Customer Question

have a combo washer/dryer modelGTUP270EM3WW.
THE WASH STOPPED IN THE midcylce before final rinse and spin.
the status lights are flahsing for ON, WASH, RINSE AND SPIN.
WE CAN'T find a reset button and have no ascess to plus so turned off the circuit breaker for a few minutes thkning it would be same as unplugging but when turned back on, no changes so machine is stuck!! the dryer still works.
do i need a tech in and if so, any authorized local ge tech or do you dispense? we live in new Orleans, zip code 70130
thanks, michael
Category: Appliance
Expert:  AppTech8579 replied 1 year ago.

How long did you leave it unplugged?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
5 min utes

Unplug it again and leave it unplugged for 15 minutes to see if the board resets. Let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its a second home and not there again for a month so i will get someone to try that . how do i let you know because this chat won't be live then?

You can post back here anytime. Most likely though you have a faulty control board that will need to be replaced to get the unit working properly again.

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 3 star is how I receive credit for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more helzp. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
left circuit off for an hour so that didn't work so i need to call a repair man for that control board.. thanks for trying

Not a problem. Please remember to rate me a 3 star or higher so I get credit for helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jamie,i understand you deserving credit for answering but does that mean i pay $45 to do what i knew already to do and then find out I need to call a repair person anyway.-michaelI was doubtful that i'd find a solution online, other than trying to reset as i had done, and i thought this was an official ge help line at first so the website is a bit deceptive. (not your fault)

If it was anything but the control board i could have walked you further through but we are here to help customers try and resolve their problem without having to call a repairman. You could replace the board yourself and save some money.