Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I have a Kenmore gas Dryer circa 1997 that has stopped

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore gas Dryer circa 1997 that has stopped producing heat. The plate on the inside of the door says it is a model number 76812693 76812. The original paperwork indicates it is a 110.768123693. Gas input is good, just no heat. What component failure usually causes this and is it worth the $ to fix it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  AppTech8579 replied 1 year ago.

The thermal fuse is most likely your problem here. Watch this video to locate it. If you have a multimeter you can test it for continuity to see if it is bad.

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 3 star is how I receive credit for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more helzp. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

I see the last person has opted out of your question!

My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Do you still need assistance?

Do you still need assistance on your question?