Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My dryer is displaying F-01 code, what can I do? It is a

Customer Question

My dryer is displaying F-01 code, what can I do? It is a duet sport wed8300sw
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

F01 is a very straight forward error and it means that your relay control board above the dryer drum mounted to the left side wall is shorted and needs to be replaced. To access the part, pull the dryer out, unplug the dryer, and remove the screws coming in from the back of the top panel. The top panel will then pull straight back, up, and off. The control board is all plug and play so it should only take about 20 minutes to replace. Below is a link to the board you'd need to order and replace for your model number.

CLICK HERE for control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try that first. Thank you
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

OK good luck. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am checking for the part and the price in the link you provided
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

OK the board is about $250.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

No problem and good luck again.