Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Cant shut off lock mode on my dishwasher.

Customer Question

Submitted: 1 year ago via ApplianceRepair.Net.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

Try to turn the power off to the unit for 1 full minute, if that still does not come off you have a bad touchpad on the unit.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no help have already turned power off and back on.

Do you have the model number?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This was not very helpful as I will have to call a service man tomorrow. Please cancel my membership. I will put that money on service locally
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
CANCEL MEMBERSHIP
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model MDB9100
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cancel membership as I am not satisfied with the service you provided. Please verify by sending me a email
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Your touch panel is likely experiencing a failure. You may need to replace the control panel but there is a trick you can try first. Turn off the power to the appliance. Use a hair dryer to heat the panel up until very warm while rubbing firmly over each of the buttons. Often times, this will restore operation. Be sure to get the panel very warm but not hot enough to damage the plastic. If this does not work, the panel will need to be replaced.