Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I live in an apt. and the handymen are unable to solve an

Customer Question

I live in an apt. and the handymen are unable to solve an irregularity in the drier: the entire lint screen used to fill with lint, but now only the bottom left corner of the screen catches lint. the handyman says that the machine is blowing air just fine and he then brought in a couple of guys to check the vent duct and they said that it was clear. I poked a refrigerator-coil brush into the screen cavity and it came out clean. Driers use a lot of current and I'm concwerned that it is not as efficient as it should be. Does this ring any bells for you? Many thanks, ***** *****
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The filter housing, number 1 in the diagram at the link below, is likely plugged. It is accessed by removing the rear panel from the dryer and then the fours screws at the bottom of the filter housing. Once those screws are removed, you can pull the housing out enough to examine and clean.

CLICK HERE