Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Cleaned my GE Self-cleaning gas range oven yesterday and now

Customer Question

Cleaned my GE Self-cleaning gas range oven yesterday and now when I try to set bake temp to use, the message is saying unlock the door. Door is unlocked and open. How do I get the message to go away to use my oven?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a significant delay in responses. Please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Try to set it into a Self Clean for about 30 seconds and then CANCEL the Self Clean and wait and see if the door reunlocks and the code goes away. Let me know.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We just tried the 30 seconds and we still cannot set oven to heat still getting message of unlock door

OK this means the switch on the door lock is stuck in a lock position if you are handy can you remove the latch mechanism and free the switch actuator up?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately my husband is not handy. We are contacting the appliance store where we purchased tomorrow! Thank you for you assistance.MA

No problem