Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
13202342

Wolf Stove: Wolf Range R304 s/n 11017431 Oven will not heat

Customer Question

Wolf Stove:
Wolf Range R304
s/n 11017431
Oven will not heat (Broiler does), what is the problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.

hello, if the oven doesnt heat but the broiler does it is almost always a defective ignitor , there isnt very many things that go wrong with that model ..you would need a oven ignitor replaced..they are all pretty much the same . this one will work or you can get the original wolf one from any local parts store that carry wolf parts , the place i use doesnt carry wolf parts but its the same ignitor

Igniter

RepairClinic Item # *****

Watch Video:

Skill Level: Skill Level

Oven ignitor, this item is also referred to as a glow bar. The igniter is mounted vertically on the burner tube. If the oven does not heat check if the igniter is glowing, if so then there is a good chance the igniter is weak and will need repalcement.

OEM Part - Manufacturer #74007498

$48.90

Quantity:

In Stock

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I replaced the igniter less than 1 year ago. I'm not saying your wrong, in fact I tend to agree, but seriously, less than 1 year life?

Also, I replaced the broiler igniter as it tends to ignite with an explosion due to gas build-up before ignition and the broiler still explodes on ignition.

Is there a better igniter than these POS's?

Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.

it happens ,ive seen some go quicker than that, you might want to also check the burner where the ignitor mounts ,that ignition area can deteriorate and little pieces of metal can break off and short the ignitor i had that happen to a cust 3 ignitors in 2 years ,replaced burner and all good for a few yrs now

Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.

there isnt really a stronger ignitor , trying to slight bend the mounting closer may work a bit better for the delay ignition ,and also ithey did improve the broil burner as well ,more ignition port holes

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Please advise the p/n for the igniter, if there is a fee to advise pls quote it.
TY David

Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.

you can get this one ,online if you want the specific one ,you would have to get from wolf , if you changed it last yr ,it would have the same part number ..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Please confirm the broiler and the oven use the same igniter?

Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.

yes ,its the same but you wouldnt need that if the broil works?

Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.

just longer leads on the broil ignitor

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

TY,
I was going to swap them until as we rarely use the broiler but need the oven.

Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.

it would work as a temporary if in a emergency

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Is there a safety reason not to swap?

Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.

as long as the wires are not bare..its the same body size ,you can compare them both and they should mount in the same holes..they just draw amperage and open the valve ..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you,
I am trying to search my Just Answer records for the p/n of the stovetop burner igniter (also failed), are you able to check my past records and provide?

Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.

sorry i dont have access to that info , that would be a admin issue

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

How much would the fee be to provide the part #?

Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.

if administration has that info im sure they wouldnt charge you for that

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I just want to order the part.

Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.

order parts you would have to go to any parts online place like repairclinic or any other online place or any parts stores in your city , we do just the diagnosis and repair info parts can be gotten from anywhere ..you have the model R304 any subzero/wolf parts can get a ignitor ..

Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.

repairclinic.com is the place i deal with but they dont have the wolf ignitor ,sorry

Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.

they do have the universal ignitors which are essentially the same thing though

Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.

hi , did you get the subzero number you wanted ? sorry i didnt quite understand yesterday ..i hope ignitor was the issue thx Randy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

please, what is the part called the ceramic post that initiates the spark?

Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.

that is the top burner ,its called a spark ignitor , the oven ignitors are called glow ignitors..