John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My free standing gas self clean oven failed. The lights come

Customer Question

my free standing gas self clean oven failed. The lights come on but the door doesn't lock and the cycle doesn't begin. What can be wrong?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a significant delay in responses. Please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

You need to check the latch motor, sometimes the motor just burns out and then it will not engage. Check that for 120 volts and see with a volt meter.