Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My frigidaire professional series oven, model PLES389ECE

Customer Question

My frigidaire professional series oven, model PLES389ECE internal fan will not turn off. What could the problem be?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If the fan won't turn off, it means that the oven thinks the inner cavity is still too warm. This is either a bad oven sensor or a bad display relay control board. You can't test the board but you can test the sensor. Open the door and remove the 3-4" long thin metal rod attached to the back wall. There are 2 screws holding the sensor on that you can remove and then pull the sensor forward until you can disconnect it. WIth a multimeter, check the resistance of the sensor at room temperature and it should be about 1080 ohms. If it's not, replace the sensor, otherwise you need to replace your relay board. Since you're already replaced the sensor.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.