Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

I have an electric range, and one of the stove top coil

Customer Question

I have an electric range, and one of the stove top coil burners is stuck, and won't pull out of the receptacle. Actually, it appears that the one prong will come out, but the other one will not come out. I suspect that maybe, it's corroded. Is there something,
such as wd40, or some sort of anti-corrosive that I can apply which may allow it to come out?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is Dave and I'm happy to help you. Do not use anything like WD40 because it is flammable. I recommend just pulling it hard until it comes out if possible. You will need to replace the receptacle and maybe the burner too anyway. If that doesn't work if you can get to the screw that holds the receptacle, remove the screws and pull out the burner with the receptacle and replace both. Let me know if you need part numbers but I will need the model numbber.

Do you still need help?