Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My samsung oven is locked and I cannot open it. The LOCK

Customer Question

My samsung oven is locked and I cannot open it. The LOCK error code appears and there is a rattling noise like a fan or something.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
SORRY THIS IS A GE not a SAMSUNG
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

The noise is the lock motor trying to turn, but it is broken so the door will not unlock. You would have to manually unlock the door by sliding a piece of flexible plastic or thin metal between the door and frame to hit the latch hook and then push it to the left or right to open the door. Then replace the latch assembly on the unit to fix it.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks