Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

The lid stays locked after the end of the spin cycle.

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a significant delay in responses. Please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Is the unit still full of water?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no it is not full of water.

If there is any water still in the unit the unit will not unlock the lid. Now if it is empty the lid lock is likely bad causing the issue. They had a lot of them fail and they are on back order from most places for that issue.

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I am not satisfied, I paid $28 to have answers. One was a question & the other one a possible answer. & to narrow it down further I need to pay more money.

Can you get the unit apart to troubleshoot?

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is***** am so happy to help you today.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. Please before rating me, make sure that I have answered all your questions.

The glass is made of tempered high temp glass, sometime since the last clean, a small scratch was on the glass, causing a stress point that expanded during the self clean cycle. This makes a weak point in the glass and then it shatters into a million small pieces. I see this about twice a year on all brands of ovens that have glass in the doors..

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory