Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I have a ned7200tw Amana dryer and when I turn it on it does

Customer Question

I have a ned7200tw Amana dryer and when I turn it on it does nothing.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.

Hello, it does not start to tumble is that correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Correct

This model has a small thermal fuse that could cause this issue. It's small and has two wires going to it. You can test it with a meter for continuity. It should have continuity. If not, replace it because it's bad. That is usually what causes this issue. If the thermal fuse and power is good, the timer or start switch would be the next culprits to test with the volt/ohm meter.I work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. I'm not credited for my answer until you rate my answer positively using the rating system at the top of your screen. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I have a tester, where is the thermal fuse and what does it look it?

On the back. Unplug the dryer before you attempt to service it. The thermal is #7 in the link below.

http://www.appliancepartspros.com/03-bulkhead-parts-parts-for-maytag-ned4500tq0.html I work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. I'm not credited for my answer until you rate my answer positively using the rating system at the top of your screen. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That link was to the incorrect model but I found the correct model, located the thermal fuse, and it does have continuity.

Awesome. What's the voltage at the back of the dryer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
125/250?

?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what do you mean what's the voltage?

Yes, on the back where the cord connects. From L1 to neutral? From L1 to L2? From L2 to neutral?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are three wires plus a ground, what do you want me to do with them?

That's correct. From the left to the middle from the right to the middle and from the left to the far right what are the voltage readings please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
119, 119, and 238

Perfect. On to the door switch. Do you know how to access it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not familiar with that.

Remove the two screws in the lint filter and place a putty knife in where the top hits the front push the clips in and lift the top up. The door switch is on the right side. Check it for continuity as well.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are two wires coming up to a banana shaped thing, it does not have continuity and I'm not sure it's the right part. The push button thing for the door is on the top....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you think I have the correct thing? Maybe if you gave me a link with the number of the part I could verify.

Click HereI work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. I'm not credited for my answer until you rate my answer positively using the rating system at the top of your screen. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't think you have the correct dryer. It is a ned7200tw Amana. Take a look at that one and tell me where the switch it, I don't think it is by the lint thing that I took apart.

Ok.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! This model has a belt switch that opens if the belt breaks. If you hear a click near the control when you try to start it but nothing starts and the fuse is good, the belt is likely broken. Do you hear that click?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I actually already checked the belt and it is fine. Where do I check the fuse at?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The fuse is the white on in the front you said you already checked. Does the dryer click when you attempt to start it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No clickig
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

If you push in on the door switch above the door opening, does it click heavily? Does the dryer beep when you try to start it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It does not click heavily, but it does beep.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

That door switch is likely faulty. Can you test it with your meter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I get to it?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Remove the top from the dryer, there are three screws along the back of the top panel.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you sure you have the right model? There are not three screws and when I did get it off I cannot access the switch. It's model ned7200tw Amana
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The front control console may need to be removed if you cannot reach the door switch.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

See the attached pages.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I test it for continuity and it works.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Sounds like the main control is faulty then.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any recommendations where I buy that from?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I replaced this part and it still does not work.
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 11 months ago.

I see you have had a couple of guys helping you and they both have opted out ,may I try to assist you?

My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.