Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

The Add Clothes indicator light is on, and the cycle will

Customer Question

The Add Clothes indicator light is on, and the cycle will not start. Kenmore Elite HE3t washer Model 110. 46752701. Problem started with the door being locked with a load in it. When I powered it on, and hit Cancel, it just shut off the washer. It also would not let me change the cycle settings or anything. I manually unlocked it and unplugged it for 30 minutes and replaced the service panel. I can now open the door OK.
However, now it powers on and lets me change functions, but when I hit start it locks the door (light turns on) and the Add Clothes indicator light turns on. The washer does not start however.
I have checked and cleaned the drain filter, checked connections (which to the touch and eye seem ok). Panels are replaced and when I power it on, it acts normal but then won't start. I noticed the Add Clothes light was on. I also at one point of my investigation got an F28 error code.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a significant delay in responses. Please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Well this is a board issue and the F28 is a serial communication failure. Try to unplug and reseat the ribbon cable form the interface to the CCU board. If it still does not respond you likely have a bad interface board on that model. It was very common and sold as a kit

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure which specific connection you are talking about, but I have unplugged, checked and re-plugged in all possible connections. Nothing was successful. Is it possible that the washer door lock has failed? Can you be more specific as to what part you are suggesting has failed? Do you have a part number for the "Interface Board". I did not see any attachments with your previous response. Thanks

This part is what has failed very common

CLICK HERE CLICK HERE