Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

I have a Maytag Bravos XL washer. It keeps giving me an

Customer Question

I have a Maytag Bravos XL washer. It keeps giving me an error message "DU". I think this means it won't lock. How do I fix this? I try to turn off and reset but it just keeps coming back with the message.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.

Hi, try unplugging the machine for 2-3 minutes. That may possibly reset the control. Doubtful but it's worth a shot. You have a faulty lock. You will most likely need to replace it if unplugging it does not reset it. If you're extremely handy, you can make this repair yourself. You can get the part from any local appliance parts house or from sears parts. I work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. I'm not credited for my answer until you rate my answer positively using the rating system at the top of your screen. Thank you