Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I have a question about my Washer (model - WM0642HW/01).

Customer Question

I've been using it a few times a week since I purchased at Home Depot a few years ago.
Right after I started using it a few months, I smell bad odor from the area of the inner drum door/seal rubber every time door opens.
I can see something like mold the inside rubber seal.
How can I remove so I can clean it up or replace it.
Is a user manual available that I can access?
How can I contact a technician who can fix it?
Thank you so much for your prompt assistance in this matter.
Best Regards,
Kim in Olney, Maryland
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Joel thank you for your interest in our service. If you have been waiting a while

I apologize we try to help as many customers as possible in a timely manner. I am now

available to help you with your question.

Hello, you can remove the mold in the seal with a hot rag and soap or any kind of mildew spray, just spray it directly on the seal and clean it, to get the smell out of the washer, you can use a washer cleaner that whirlpool makes and it usually will get the job done it's called affresh you can get it from whirlpool here or pick it up at your local sears, walmart, lowes, home depot etc; The mold is caused by the animal fat in the liquid he detergent, if you start using the HE powder soap you wont have that problem anymore, just make sure to follow the directions on the box if use the powder. However if you would like to just change the seal you can call Superior Appliance Service at ***-***-****, they service your area and can change the seal for you.

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is that
you take this time to rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page
or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find
but it's there). Rating me will not in any affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.
TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks.

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this
issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. Thank You so much for your understanding and

support!.