Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Frigidaire Electric cooktop stove I had the house

Customer Question

I have a Frigidaire Electric cooktop stove I had the house rented now I am back living in it. Thre of my burners on top of the glass it has a discoloring that I cannot remove. I have tried many solutions used my razor blades and brillo pad and steel wood
rough type and scrubbed it but cannot remove the brown black look on the glass top. You have any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a Frigidaire Model FED 367CFSD Electric cooktop stove I had the house rented now I am back living in it. Thre of my burners on top of the glass it has a discoloring that I cannot remove. I have tried many solutions used my razor blades and brillo pad and steel wood rough type and scrubbed it but cannot remove the brown black look on the glass top. You have any suggestions?
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a significant delay in responses. Please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Is the top White?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is white.
I am going out my cell # *****(###) ###-####
one large burner and two small burners.
1 is fair

If you want me to make a phone call it costs more to do I can send you an offer for that

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
send me a written response I don't want the offer.

Get a auto buffer and some fine polishing compound and buff the top with it. That is the only way to get most of the markings out. You may not get all of them out but you can get most of them.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks