Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My GE profile dishwasher is not starting it seems to get

Customer Question

Customer: hi my GE profile dishwasher is not starting it seems to get power but no display lights working
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: so when I presss the start button nothing is happening
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok for $18 you will have me trouble shoot and it it doesnot work then I will not pay, correct?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Can you remove the lower kick panel and check the wiring at the small junction box to the right there. Often a wire burns up in there as that is where the wiring connects to the unit.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks