Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

We have a Frigidaire Gas Range. (We can not see the model or

Customer Question

We have a Frigidaire Gas Range. (We can not see the model or know the year. Bought house with it.)
The button just says "clean." It turns green when we push the button. Then it turns off. The door does not lock.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a significant delay in responses. Please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Does the unit bake and broil?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Broiler does not seem to work. Bake is fine.

If the broiler does not work it will not self clean properly, now are you just trying to self clean it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will go back to the old fashioned way.

Yes sometimes that is easiest and actually easier on the unit as the temps reach 1000 degrees during self clean and can cause other failures.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks