Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have a TROMM LG. WASHING MACHINE is leaking from under

Customer Question

We have a TROMM LG. WASHING MACHINE is leaking from under the soap drawer. How can we fix it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If water is coming out under the dispenser, it means taht water isn't draining into the tub quick enough from the dispenser compartment. So to start, pull the dispenser out as far as you can. There is a plastic locking tab you can push down on at the back of the dispenser. Push this down and the drawer will pull all the way out so you can see if anything is blocking the outlet near the back. If not, then pull the entire washer forward. There are 2 or 3 screws coming in from the back of the top panel. Remove these screws and the top panel will pull straight back, up, and off. Now you can disconnect the hose between the tub and the dispenser and look for anything inside the hose blocking the water from draining. Usually there is a bleach cap insert or a detergent cap insert or something like that.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.