Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have an error code of f5 e1 after trying to clean the

Customer Question

We have an error code of f5 e1 after trying to clean the Accubake system Whirlpool 465 oven
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

F5 E1 means that your door latch has failed. You'll need to unplug the oven and pul lit forward. Remove the back sheet metal panel behind the oven and the door latch motor is mounted behind the oven mounted just above the oven cavity. Try to wiggle the bar on the latch motor to see if it's just stuck and then re-apply power and plug the oven back in. If you still get the error, the latch motor needs to be replaced. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for latch assembly

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.