MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

I have a Maytag washing machine type number 588–03 model

Customer Question

I have a Maytag washing machine type number 588–03 model number MVWX550XW0. Currently the display is flashing "clean washer" and "drains and spin". Nothing else happens. I've tried unplugging it, I've tried pressing the power button nothing happens. The machine beeps when you open the lid so I don't think it's the lid switch.i'm very handy and not afraid to tackle anything myself.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

There is most likely something failed within the control board, so you would need to replace it. part# W10393452. I recommend buying parts from a vendor that alows returns as you never know if more than one thing is wrong with this and you cannot tell anything now with the unit acting as it is. Repairclinic.com is one vendor.