Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a samsung Model WF306LAW front load he washer. I have

Customer Question

I have a samsung Model WF306LAW front load he washer. I have verified the pump is working and have inspected for obstructions, none found, yet the water does not drain completely after spin cycle. There will be a small puddle still in tub and clothes are very wet after spin cycle. Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a significant delay in responses. Please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

How fast is the water being pumped out of the machine?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The flow is steady and appears to be the full diameter of the hose. When empty of clothes and a Rinse & Spin cycle is run the tub empties in about a minute.

Ok this sounds like the tub may not be spinning then is it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not as the water is emptying. It is still.

Then does it spin?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After a while it does but it takes a few minutes. And the timer pauses. I believe during this time it's trying to "sense" the weight of the load.

Ok so there is still water in it after it completes a spin and the clothes are dry?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After the spin cycle the clothes are still very wet and a small puddle of water is left in the tub.

Does it seem to spin to speed and is the pump running when it is spinning?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yet if you run the rinse & spin cycle without clothes as a test the water will empty completely.

Ok does it seem to spin to speed with clothes in it though?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am unsure if seems to spin to speed. This washer is in my former home which is now a rental property. It's been a few years since I did laundry in it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to leave, will be driving will reply to your question as soon as I can.

Yeah I would say it may not be spinning to speed this could be the issue and then basically it is not ringing the clothes all the way out leaving water.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I fix the speed of the spin?

That could be a machine control board issue or possibly a stator issue. normally it would give an error code if not reaching spin, but if not check the pressure tube if the unit has been sitting that could be partially blocked causing and issue.