Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Wf448aap stuck on quick wash, works on all the other cycles

Customer Question

Customer: wf448aap stuck on quick wash, works on all the other cycles
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: starts to run on quick wash for about 3 minutes, then goes forward 5 seconds, then reversed 5 seconds. this is for a while until get message about not enough pressure water valve. all the other cycles work fine
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

When you say it is stuck on quick wash but all other cycles work I am not sure what you mean? Can you explain that a little more thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
First the machine works on all cycles , normal ,towels, rinse and spin, delicates, but in quick wash cycle starts which the duration is 36 minutes, when it reaches 33 minutes mark ,the drum goes back then forward for about 5 seconds and keep on doing the same for 5 minutes more or less. after that displays and error of not enough pressure on water valve.

Ok check the water inlet screens, likely the cold water valve is plugged up causing this. You may want to change out the valve.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but works on all the other cycles. I have no problem check or doing so. I know you are the expert don't you think is a board or sensor in a board that is not working?

It could be but check to see how it fills with COLD water and HOT water only on a cycle...often the cold water for rinse causes this issue. Check it out and see.