Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have the exact same problem as in the example. The unit

Customer Question

I have the exact same problem as in the example. The unit does not work, but did work after I removed the unit and accessed the wiring inside. I did see the small dime sized round device with the wires and thought it might be a breaker. However when I pushed the button, it did not seem to move, nor did it move when I pulled on it. Nevertheless, when I reassembled everything, the unit works. Ive gone through this process twice now. Each time, the unit does not work the next time it is tried.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a significant delay in responses. Please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

What does the unit exactly not do?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It does not come on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was referring to another enquiry concerning the same appliance that appeared on the page - perhaps you don't see it

OK does the broiler work?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK can you get at the relay board?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't think you read my question or the previous question and answer I referred to.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is the query I saw that was essentially the same problem I'm having::Dacor IWO 27 Warming Drawer stopped working
Plug - check
Circuit - check
Temp setting - on
Timer - on
manual on/off - not lightingAnd here is the answer from Tyler>>You'll want to remove the drawer out of the warming drawer so you can get to the mounting screws that hold the warming drawer into the cabinet. Remove the screws and then remove the entire warming drawer case. Take the top panel off. There is a little dime sized round device with 2 wires going to it. There is a little push button that you can push down on to reset it on the top of this switch. Press this button and if it clicks, the unit should work again. If not, then you may just have a bad thermostat if you can't get it to turn on on timed or manual settings.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
after reading the foregoing, here is my query:I have the exact same problem as in the example. The unit does not work, but did work after I removed the unit and accessed the wiring inside. I did see the small dime sized round device with the wires and thought it might be a breaker. However when I pushed the button, it did not seem to move, nor did it move when I pulled on it. Nevertheless, when I reassembled everything, the unit works. Ive gone through this process twice now. Each time, the unit does not work the next time it is tried.Do you think I have a bad thermostat? O possibly a bad reset switch?

Doe the broiler always work even though the bake does not?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is not a stove. It does not bake or broil

I see now your post just came through...Ok get at the high limit thermostat and can you put the wires to that together, see if it will continue to work for longer than 1 time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I could try that, yes. Can I save this enquiry and come back later? Maybe a day or so?

If you rate my service now you will get a link to get back to me directly without delay.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks