John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My ice cubes melt inside freezer

Customer Question

My ice cubes melt inside freezer
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a significant delay in responses. Please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Ar the freezer items soft as well?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it is a sub zero 601f separate freezer the freezer is solid frozen including ice cream. However ice cubes melt together in draw must throw out solid block cubes every other day

If they are melting together there is a chance you either have a leak in the valve and the water is overfilling or possibly the unit is defrosting too long. Have you checked to confirm the operfating temps with a thermometer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Never got a answer

Yes I had asked what the temps of the freezer are with a thermometer to be sure they are cold enough.