Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

I just got and E01 and a F03 error on my dryer. What do I

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, I just got and E01 and a F03 error on my dryer. What do I do? I was working great the last time I used it. (just yesterday).
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: It's a Maytag MGD6000XWO, Maxima gas dryer.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is Dave and I am happy to help you. This code mean the exhaust thermistor is open or the temperature is below 18F. Unless you are in a very cold climate you will need to test and if it is found to be open, replace the thermistor. Do you have an ohm meter?

Were you able to do any testing?

Do you still need help?