Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

We have a viking oven - less than 1 year old - won't heat.

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** - we have a viking oven - less than 1 year old - won't heat. We think it's the clock setting (somehow), but cannot get it to reset. Can you help?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The oven will not heat. Light is on showing it is getting power. we reset the breaker, but that did not help. and, the light stayed on throughout. Help?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok. all fine. can you call me? (###) ###-#### We are in a rush and will pay. Waiting to put the turkey in the oven.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
F02 is the error message.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have given a deposit. Can someone help me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello - anyone out there?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The F2 error is usually an oven sensor failure. The sensor may be tested by measuring resistance. At room temperature, it should read about 1080 ohms. Do you have a meter to perform any testing with?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?