Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Our microwave stopped in midddle of being used with the

Customer Question

Jason - our microwave stopped in midddle of being used with the timer - seemed like a poer surge or ? How do we get it working again - it's Thanksgiving!!!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a significant delay in responses. Please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Is the unit totally dead?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the unit is totally dead

Can you take it apart and get at the internal bus fuse in the unit, the power cord goes into the unit and right to the filter board where the bus fuse is mounted it is likely burned out.

CLICK HERE