Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

The latch on my kenmore dishwasher is stuck (the door won't

Customer Question

The latch on my kenmore dishwasher is stuck (the door won't close). This happened once before and I feel like I reset it, but I can't remember how.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is***** am so happy to help you today.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. Please before rating me, make sure that I have answered all your questions.

Can I get the complete model number of the dishwasher?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure. It says part #3384542 ans part #3384544 on the sticker along the top.
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

The model number will be on a sticker in the door opening area of the dishwasher.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
665.17332400
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Does the door close all the way but does not lock shut?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. The latch is frozen in the psition it would be if it were pused all them way in and will not close.
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

You will need to replace the latch, even you get it unstuck it will happen again, you can click on the blue link below to order it.

Click here for the correct part.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this a difficult repair to make? I am reasonably handy but not an appliance expert.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, before I run off buying parts-- how sure are you? I tried to reset the washer by pressing the air dry button for 4 seconds, and no lights came on. might this be a power issue instead?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, I would like the temporary fix, please. I fixed this last time and the machine worked for 1 year +. What do I do to get it through the next few loads.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not consider this question answered.
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry there is no real temp repair of this unit, we are having problem with the server, that i s why it took so long to respond