Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have a double wall oven and are trying to start the

Customer Question

we have a double wall oven and are trying to start the turkey. When we try to set the temp and bake, it flashes F9
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

F9 means that your oven latch has failed. Try to open the door, wiggle the latch hook. Then flip the breaker off to the oven for 5 minutes. Flip the breaker back on and if you still get an F9 error, your door latch has just failed and the oven can't be used until you replace the door latch I'm sorry to say.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
unfortunately it didnt work.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Then unfortunately there is nothing you can do but replace the latch as I mentioned before.