Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

While my Whirlpool range was set to clean the oven I got

Customer Question

While my Whirlpool range was set to clean the oven I got error message E2-F3- after the door locked. What does it mean? I could not unlock the door after I shut the stove off
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

F2 E3 means that the oven sensor has failed which commonly happens when the oven fails during self clean. The oven gets so hot that sometimes the sensor will fail. All you can do is let the oven cool down and wait to see if it will reset. If it doesn't, the sensor would have to be replaced before you can use the oven I'm afraid. And since the sensor is shorted, the door will remain locked for safety reasons since it doesn't know the temperature inside.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.