Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

We have a 25 year old GE double oven - how can i disconnect

Customer Question

Customer: Hello - my name is ***** ***** have a 25 year old GE double oven - how can i disconnect the clock the clock tracks time fine - but is making a noise
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: noise - loud buzz - is coming from what i believe is the clock oven operates ok clock seems to operate ok
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
model number is *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
noise has stopped
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
noise - has started and stopped before
seems more persistent now - although it just stopped
doesnt seem to be correlated to whether the oven is on or off
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The motor is what is making the noise. Once you access the back of the clock, you can simply disconnect the wires from the motor and tape them off.