Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

Barry I have a new fridge with a 5y cf code I had to remove

Customer Question

Hi Barry
I have a new fridge with a 5y cf code
I had to remove doors to install and reconnected wires.
When I plugged in the wires at first I had one one wire crossed.
I then fixed that but code still displayed
Any way to reset?
Thanks
Joe
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

Im assuming from the error code this is a frigidaire unit, if so that error means there is a (Communication Failure after power up) Check wiring between Main Control Board and User Interface Board. I would check the wiring make sure you got all the plugs plugged back in good. unplug the unit for 15 minutes and plug it back in, if the error persists I would call for a warranty service since its new because that error could be 1 of 2 control boards failing, its possible because you crossed the wires up, you blew the low voltage side of the control board, if thats the case I would not say anything to the service guys that come out about that or they will not repair it under warranty.

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is that
you take this time to rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page
or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find
but it's there). Rating me will not in any affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.
TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks.

Hi this is Joel,
I was just wondering if you had any other questions for me, if not could you please go ahead

and help me out by giving me a rating, its real easy you simply click on the far right star

where it says Rating on your screen. Thanks Again!