Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

We have an 8 year old Thermador PG48ge, the top works fine,

Customer Question

We have an 8 year old Thermador PG48ge, the cook top works fine, but neither oven will heat up. The broiler works, and we spell gas, but no heat when we turn the oven on.
WhEn we turn it on bake, the fans go on and we can here a click like it is trying to light, but no heat.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! It is likely the igniter in the oven is faulty. When you turn the oven on, do you see a glow from under the oven floor? Can you please double check that model number?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No glow at the bottom of either oven, but both broilers work.
Thermador 48" 6 stove top burners and a griddle 2 ovens below
I believe the PG=profession Gas, 48=size, GE=Griddle electric
Does the same igniter work for both ovenss or do they each have their own.
A while back we could get the smaller over to work but not the larger one.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Both the same igniter, yes. Do you have a meter to test the voltage to the igniters, looking for 120 VAC when the oven is set to bake? Could the model be PG484GGE maybe?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

If you have 120 VAC but no igniter, it will need to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, left out the 6. PG486GE
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** same igniter. Did you read any voltage at all to them?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kelly, took the oven apart and removed the Spark Electrodes....this model does not have the igniter part. It has Spark Electrodes that look like #00418885 Part number on the same website you referred me to.
Can I assume these are the same type of devise and still the appearing issue?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

No, that is a different ignition system but your model shows something different. Can you verify the model number, please? Are those sparking when you turn the oven on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Positive on the model #, I have the manuals that came with it and found the schematic diagram referencing PG48 taped to the inside of the toe kick when I took it off.
No sparks on on either spark electrode. If the oven is left on "bake" and the temp dial is off, are these electrodes still working, that may be why they went bad?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

What are you hearing clicking when you turn it on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kelly, why is justanswer charging my Credit card the full amount if the question was not resolved?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I have no access to anything other than this question. I cannot see anything involving your account. I can tell you nothing has been transferred to me, though, so I am not sure what you are seeing. You will need to contact customer service for any account issues.