Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Whirlpool washer will not unlock. i have waited after load

Customer Question

Whirlpool washer will not unlock. i have waited for awhile after load finishes and unplugged unit. Still no good
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a significant delay in responses. Please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

What is the make and model of the unit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Whirlpool top load HE

Ok if the unit is not pumping out and has water in it it will not open, so you may need to suck the water out throughout the drain hose with a shop vac and then plug it back in and the door should open. If not remove the top on the unit( 3 screws along the back top edge and slide the top off) Once off reach down by the door latch and pull straight down on the release tab. The door will then open. You may have a bad pump or clogged pump filter causing the issue.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not helping

Is the unit full of water?