Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a thermador electric double oven model # CT227NS-01.

Customer Question

Customer: I have a thermador electric double oven model # ***** Both upper and lower are not heating properly. Any suggestions??
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: food is not cooking, appears not to be heating properly. Controls do not allow to set on Convection.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: In a rush
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a significant delay in responses. Please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Do either oven heat at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
has some heat

OK if there is just a little heat you need to check the incoming power to the unit you may have lost a leg of power then it will only heat a little as it is working on half power. You need to get to the junction box and check it behind the unit to make sure one wire is not burned up and you have 240 volts to the unit.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks