Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My GE washer/dryer combo: AAO1389OC The washer gets stuck on

Customer Question

My GE washer/dryer combo: AAO1389OC The washer gets stuck on pause, any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The model you posted is not a good model. However, that erratic operation is usually indicative of control failure. Unplug the machine for a few hours. Any change when plugged back in?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
GTUP270EM3WW
Washer/Dryer combo
Happy Thanksgiving
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thank you! Does it go through all of the motions, like filling, washing, draining and spinning, even though it pauses? Or, does it pause at one particular spot?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It pauses on the wash cycle over and over, so I put on spin to drain it.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Okay, so it washes, drains and spins okay but just pauses, correct? When it pauses, is the water drained or does it just stop after washing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the confusion.
The washer pauses on the wash cycle over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.......
After hours of pushing the start button over and over and over and over and over and over.......
I manually put the knob on spin button to end the cycle.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

What exactly does it do? Does it fill? After it fills, does it wash?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it pauses, then I push start, it washes for 2 minutes and pauses, I push start, it washes for 2 minutes and pauses, I push start, it washes for 2 minutes and pauses, I push start, it washes for 2 minutes and pauses, I push start, it washes for 2 minutes and pauses, I push start, it washes for 2 minutes and pauses, I push start, it washes for 2 minutes and pauses, I push start, it washes for 2 minutes and pauses, I push start, it washes for 2 minutes and pauses, I push start, it washes for 2 minutes and pauses, I push start, it washes for 2 minutes and pauses, I push start, it washes for 2 minutes and pauses, I push start, it washes for 2 minutes and pauses, I push start, it washes for 2 minutes and pauses, I push start, it washes for 2 minutes and pauses, I push start, it washes for 2 minutes and pauses, to end I MANUALLY put the dial on spin.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I suspect the main control will need to be replaced.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE