Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My GE upright freezer stopped working. It was intermittently

Customer Question

Hello. My GE upright freezer stopped working. It was intermittently working but as soon I opened the door to use something the electronic temperate control on the front door would start flashing high temperature door open. It's model no Fuf17
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a significant delay in responses. Please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

The control would often fail on that unit have you tried to reset the control by unplugging it for a minute and plugging it back in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried that a few times. Not working. Sounds like it's an electrical issue with that control...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is that it???
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did say I had unplugged it. Okay I guess this isn't helping. Thank you, bye