John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have frigidaire french door with bottom freazer model

Customer Question

I have frigidaire french door with bottom freazer model number FGHB2844LF7 THE ICE MAKER AND WATER DISPENSER QUITE SHORTLY AFTER A WE MOVED TO A NEW HOME THINKING THAT THE WATER FILTER MIGHT BE PLUGGED I REPLACED IT WITH NO DIFFERENCE. I HAVE WATER TO FILTER AND OUT. THE WATER LINE COMES DOWN THE BACK OF THE FRIDGE AND GOES INSIDE THE CABINET 2 FEET UP FROM THE BOTTOM AND IT SEAMS IT COME BACK OUT AND GOES TO THE WATER VALVE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE BACK OF THE FRIDGE BUT IF I REMOVE THE LINE AT THE POINT IT GOES INTO THE VALVE I HAVE NO WATER AT THAT POINT. DO YOU HAVE SCHEMATIC FOR THE WATER LINES OR AM I UP A TREE AS WHAT i AM THINKING THE WATER FLOW IS LIKE. WHEN YOU PRESS THE DISPENSER LEVER YOU CAN HEAR THE THE SOLINOID CLICK
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Which colored water valve did you remove the line from? Brown ,Green ,Yellow ,or Blue

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the valve is blue with diff color solenoids how ever the line I removed was at the end of the valve that did not have a solenoid at that end

yes the valve is blue but the solenoids are different colors .

if you removed the line from the far right one . as in this photo then that is coming from the filter assembly

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Water-Inlet-Valve/242253002/2689640?replacedManufacturerPartNumber=242102201

And the lines to the filter could be frozen.

I would suggest to turn the unit off for several hours and with the fresh food section door open and then see if the water goes to the rest of the valve.

The green is fo the fresh food icemaker .

the yellow is for the chilled water dispenser. and the blue is for the freezer icemaker and the brown is the main primary valve ,the main primary and one of the others have to be energized each time water comes in to the refrigerator