Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

My maytag dishwasher mdb7749sbq1 has the delay hours light

Customer Question

Hi good morning my maytag dishwasher mdb7749sbq1 has the delay hours light blinking and the auto clean light on how can I clear this?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is***** am so happy to help you today.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. Please before rating me, make sure that I have answered all your questions.

The blinking lights are an error that the keypad is bad and will need to be replaced, you can click on the blue link below to order the replacement for your machine.

Click here for the correct part

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no way to clear this control board?
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

No there is not, moisture most likely got into the keypad, some customers however have had some luck using a hair dryer to try and remove the moisture that causes this, with very limited success. Replacing the keypad which has been updated to keep this from happening again in the future..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I replace this keypad myself or do I need a repair guy?
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Very easy to replace, just a few screws, I believe the new one will come with directions, takes me about 15 minutes to do it, May take you a half an hour, calling a repair company will cost you about $150 more..