Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a GE Profile oven, model # JGS905SEK-1ss, which has

Customer Question

I have a GE Profile oven, model # ***** which has stopped heating. It worked earlier in the day and then later would not heat..
It is gas. All top burners ignite. Broiler ignites. All lights etc work but oven will not heat.
Can you think of anything I could or should check?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a significant delay in responses. Please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Can you see if the ignitor glows when you turn it on bake? If it does not you need to replace the ignitor in the oven you should still be able to get one tomorrow to fix it. The part number is *****

\We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks