Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

Our Maytag 577-1 is acting normal but the start button isn't

Customer Question

Our Maytag 577-1 is acting normal but the start button isn't registering.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.

Hello, sorry to hear about your DW problem.

Try flipping the breaker or unplugging the unit for 2-3 minutes. If that does not reset the control, you will need a new touch pad. The touch pad on these machines are known for causing this issue. Check the use and care guide some of these machines had a five year warranty on the microprocessor. If you're handy, you can make the repair yourself for roughly $150. You can get the part from any local appliance parts store.

We work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. We're not credited for our work until you rate our answer positively. Once you do so the question does not close. You can log back into your account and continue to work on this question at no additional charge. Rating our answers positively will credit me for my time working with you.

Thank you