Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

Oven range fanThe fan on my broan eclipse 283603 does not

Customer Question

Oven range fanThe fan on my broan eclipse 283603 does not work
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.

Hi, is the fan motor getting 110v? if so, the motor is bad. If not, the fan switch is shorted and simply needs replaced.

We work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. We're not credited for our work until you rate our answer positively. Once you do so the question does not close. You can log back into your account and continue to work on this question at no additional charge. Rating our answers positively will credit me for my time working with you.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where do I check voltage?

On the actual up down motor. You have to remove the access cover on the front. Do you hear the motor making any noise at all? Press the up down switch a couple times. Hold in even once do you hear the motor hum or start to move? 99% of the time on these the up down switch is the culprit.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Consider I am pretty novice - is the access panel the silver box? The uo down works fine just not the fan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No response - problem still exists

Ah, behind the silver box is the up down motor. You have to remove the fan cover.