Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I tried to self-clean my Dacor oven and I'm getting F8 and

Customer Question

I tried to self-clean my Dacor oven and I'm getting F8 and beeping signal
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

F8 means that the oven door latch has failed which is why the unit won't self clean. Try to wiggle the latch and unplug the oven or flip the breaker off to the oven for 60 seconds to see if the latch will reset. If that doesn't work then you need to replace the door latch before you can use the oven again. If it DOES work then don't try to self clean again or it could fail permanently. You'll need to replace the latch before you can use self clean again.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.